8.03.2008

Trip to St. Louis

I had the opportunity to spend 4 days in St. Louis last week, which is a new region for DonorsChoose.org that I am spearheading our efforts (including Indiana, of course). While I was there, I stayed at the Hyatt Regency at Union Station. The old station downtown was converted to an amazing hotel, and thanks to bidding at Priceline, I got to stay at once of the city's nicest hotels on a nonprofit budget. During the week, along with many work-related meetings, I presented to some teachers at Washington University at St. Louis and spent a lot of time in the nice St. Louis downtown. Fortunately the Cardinals weren't in town so I didn't have to put up with that heinous baseball team. The most fun part of the trip was a visit to the Schlafly brewery, a local brewery and the first brewpub in St. Louis. Thanks to my cousin, I had tried one of their beers previously and enjoyed it, and during my trip I took the brewery tour and got to sample 4 different beers, which were all amazing. Needless to say, I came back with plenty to hold me over until my next St. Louis trip.

Union Station


The Schlafly Bottleworks




Washington University at St. Louis


No comments: