12.13.2009

Meeting Santa

I used to be quite a baker in college. But then you gain a few pounds...so I started looking for other hobbies. However, I am revisiting that abandoned baker in an attempt to perfect my skills before Eliza's first birthday. I used the annual neighborhood Santa party as my excuse to whip up some cupcakes!
Santa's hat worked out really well. I wouldn't try the beard again though since it was too hard to tell what it was.The kids didn't seem to care, and they even liked the fondant. I tried to make one that had some flavor and wasn't just gummy.
Eliza was a bit overwhelmed by all the kids running around. I think she was a little tired and not very smiley.She did like her new set of bongo drums that Santa brought her, but I think she played with her gold shoes even more!

No comments: